Click here to download a print friendly version of our limited warranty
This express limited warranty is effective for product manufactured by LaCantina Doors, Inc. (“LaCantina”) after March 1, 2011, extends to all original end users and is not transferable.
Subject to the conditions, exclusions and limitations of this limited warranty, we warrant our glass and components below will be free from defects in materials and workmanship which would render the product unserviceable or unfit for ordinary recommended use from the date of shipment for the following time periods:
Glass - We warrant insulated glass against failure of the air seal and that each unit will be free from material obstruction of vision as a result of fogging or film formation on the internal surfaces. We warrant laminated glass against delamination resulting in materially obstructed vision through the laminated glass. All glass is warranted for a period of twenty (20) years.
Component Finishes - LaCantina standard aluminum paint finish is warranted for a period of ten (10) years against defects resulting in cracking, peeling and other loss of adhesion. Optional and Custom color paint finishes are warranted for a period of ten (10) years unless in coastal environments (within three (3) miles of a sea coast or salt water, which will be warranted for a period of one (1) year). Anodized finishes are warranted for a period of three (3) years unless in coastal environment (within three (3) miles of a sea coast or salt water which will be warranted for a period of one (1) year).
Hardware and Components - Folding system and swing door carriers, pivots, surface mounted locks and hinges will be warranted for a period of ten (10) years. Multipoint and locking mechanisms will be warranted for a period of five (5) years. Sliding system hardware components including multipoint lock mechanisms and rolling hardware will be warranted for a period of ten (10) years.
All hardware products should be cleaned and maintained as recommended below and as frequently as necessary. Hardware in coastal and salt water environments should be cleaned and maintained every three (3) months as a minimum and more frequently to prevent buildup of salt water or corrosive residue. In event of a warranty claim user must be able to present maintenance schedule as recommended below.
Weather Seals - All seals are warranted for a period of ten (10) years. Systems should be adjusted as per our recommendation and according to variances in site conditions so as not to put undue stress and/or pressure on seals during operation.
Screens - When installed to the interior of a residence or place of business, both pleated and non-pleated screens are warranted for a period of five (5) years. Exterior application of screen is not recommended. Screens easily dislodge from the track if fallen on and are not designed to prevent falls.
Export Limitation - The maximum warranty period for any product used outside of the United States is two (2) years on glass and components and ten (10) years on folding system hardware.
WARRANTY CONDITIONS, EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
This warranty is limited to defects in materials and workmanship and expressly excludes damage or defects caused by or arising from:
- Minor glass imperfections which do not impair structural integrity or obscure normal vision, including slight bubbles, lines, surface imperfections or discolorations; any imperfections in the glass not detected from within ten feet whilst looking through the glass as per the guidelines established by federal standard ASTM C 1036-01; cracked or broken glass or damage resulting from accident including from impact or wind pressure, misuse or abuse; glass with films or coatings applied; and failure of insulated glass seal due to contact of finishing product.
- Warp beyond one (1) year from date of shipment for any 3’3” wide by 8’0” high by 1 3/4”, or smaller door panel, which does not exceed 1/4” in the plane of the door panel itself and that adversely affect the normal functioning of the door system; door panels wider and/or higher are not guaranteed for warp; warp, bow or misalignment of frame components that can be straightened during typical installation or occurring beyond one (1) year from date of shipment;
- Structural integrity issues, including improper sizing of header and movement or sagging of framing or the header and flaws in building design and construction; improper installation not in conformance with our installation instructions; alignment of meeting panels; slight expansion or contraction due to varying environmental conditions; and panel movement (shrinkage) of 1/4" or less due to temperature and humidity;
- Damage as a result of improper or lack of adjustment
- Water or water intrusion or air infiltration; design of an appropriate flashing system; failure to provide an adequate overhang and to prevent the effects of sheeting water from above; doors with ADA compliant, guide channel or zero-step sills, inswing, zero post corner and curved systems; and product installed in high moister environments or in structures that fail to allow for the proper management of drainage or moisture;
- Condensation on interior of product as a result of excess humidity
- Accident, misuse, abuse, failure to follow the care and maintenance instructions and increased frequency of maintenance required in a corrosive environment or the seacoast in order to prevent damage from salt water; finish failures or corrosion of aluminum or damage to other components caused by chemicals or environment conditions including but not limited to air pollutants, acid raid, brickwash, muriatic acid, direct contact with concrete and salt spray; field modification of product; impact or wind pressure; exposure to conditions beyond published performance data; or as a result of any cause beyond our control (e.g. fire, flood, earthquake, other acts of nature, and acts of third parties outside of our control).
- Delay of more than seven (7) days in finishing product or exposure to weather; improper finishing of all surfaces of door panels and frame; normal wear and tear; natural weathering of surfaces or variations in the color or texture of the wood and aluminum or finish, including compared to samples; the appearance of field finished wood; plated finishes; surface checks that are less than 1/8” in width and/or 2” in length; solid wood sills; and damage caused by extreme temperature.
- Wood veneered aluminum components used to the exterior of a home or structure
- Improper use and re-application of seals by third party when removed to stain, paint or finish wood.
- Products purchased through us that are manufactured by a third party (including but not limit and custom hardware); panels including glass that are manufactured by others and supplied to us for inclusion in our door system and related panel and system performance; and special product that includes items manufactured according to customer supplied specifications or no hardware.
- Improper screen assembly and installation, damage as a result of environmental conditions such as wind, normal wear and tear but not limited to exposure to sun, rain abrasion, heat and/or cold, exterior application, damage to, or contamination of, screen cloth and other screen components by rough handling, misuse, abuse or neglect, damage caused by humans or pets accidentally running, walking or falling into screen, damage and/or contamination of dirt, dust or debris.
We are not responsible or liable for: Cost for labor, installation, removal or repainting, refinishing or similar activities connected with the replacement product or component; execution of service and costs incurred for shipping, handling, transferring, insuring and transporting; and incidental or consequential damages of any kind other than as mandated by applicable state law. This warranty is not a promise of future performance. Your exclusive remedy shall be repair, replacement or refund as stated in this warranty. If we determine that a defect exists that is covered by this limited warranty, we will elect to either repair the product or components or ship replacement product or components to the distributor or person making the warranty claim in the same condition as the product originally sold, subject to our right to substitute a similar product when the product originally sold has been discontinued or modified. We may elect to provide replacement glass with or without associated sash. LaCantina, in its sole discretion, may choose to repair the product as an option to replacement in full satisfaction of its warranty obligation. If we are unable to provide replacement and repair is not practical or cannot be made timely, then we may elect to refund the purchase price paid directly to us if the warranty applies. The warranty on any replacement product will extend for the balance of the original warranty period. It is the purchaser’s sole responsibility for determining whether a product purchased from us is suitable for an end user’s needs or application. All visible defects must be reported before installation and finishing. Claims under these warranties must be made within the specified warranty period and within sixty (60) days of the appearance of a defect. Failure to report defects to us, as specified under the “Procedure for Warranty Claims” section, will void all express warranties. If the claimed defect is warp in door or frame components, we may defer repairing or replacing the door panel or frame component for a period up to twelve (12) months from the date of claim. It is not uncommon for temporary warp condition to occur as the door panel adjusts to local humidity and temperature conditions. Failure by the purchaser or end user to follow the installation and maintenance contained within this warranty required shall void any and all express warranties. This warranty shall be interpreted, construed and applied under the laws of the State of California. All disputes under this warranty shall first be decided by mutually agreeable mediator, with each side to bear its own fees and costs. If the dispute is not resolved through mediation, the dispute shall be submitted to a mutually agreeable arbitrator, pursuant to the arbitration rules of the State of California. The prevailing party to any claim filed under this limited warranty is entitled to reasonable attorney’s fees, expert’s fees and costs. La Cantina is entitled to attorney’s fees, expert fees and testing fees regarding any dispute over the installation of its product.
This express limited warranty sets forth our maximum liability for our products. No one is authorized to modify or expand this express limited warranty. The absolute limit of our liability is the product purchase price from LaCantina. We shall not be liable for special, indirect, consequential, incidental, or punitive damages of any kind and all such claims are waived to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. Your sole or exclusive remedy with respect to any and all losses and damages resulting from any cause whatsoever as specified herein. All LaCantina product is sold ‘as is’ and as such LaCantina disclaims any and all implied warranties. We make no other warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability and of fitness for a particular purpose to the original purchaser or to any subsequent user of the product, except as expressly contained herein. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the goods is with the buyer. In the event state or provincial law precludes exclusion or limitation of implied warranties, the duration of any such warranties shall be no longer than, and the time and manner of presenting any claim thereon shall be the same as, that provided in the express warranty stated herein.
PROCEDURE FOR WARRANTY CLAIMS
Please inspect your order immediately upon receipt. If you have a problem, immediately upon discovery contact the distributor or dealer from whom you purchased our product, or contact us directly.
|Mail:||La Cantina Doors, Inc. (Attention: Customer Service)
1875 Ord Way, Oceanside, CA 92056
|Phone:||(888) 221 0141|
|Fax:||(760) 734 1591|
We can best respond if you provide the following: a) LaCantina order number b) date and location of purchase, c) how to contact you, d) the address of where the product can be inspected, and e) a description of the problem and the product (including photographs). All visible defects must be reported before installation and finishing. Claims under these warranties must be made within the specified warranty period and within sixty (60) days of the appearance of a defect. We may charge a fee for on-site product inspections. However, this fee will be refunded if the product is found to contain a defect covered by this warranty.
INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS
Our products must be stored, installed, maintained, repaired, and used in accordance with acceptable good trade practice and our supplied instructions in order to prevent damage and maintain your warranty.
INSTALLATION AND FINISHING
LaCantina Doors are a specialty product that you cannot assume to be a standard installation of a typical door or window. We are not liable for any defects or problems related to installation. LaCantina folding door systems are top hung and improper sizing of the header and movement and sagging of the header will affect product performance. It is important that the system is properly adjusted for smooth operation. Our products should be installed with adequate overhang and to prevent the effects of sheeting water from above. It is not our responsibility to design or recommend a flashing system appropriate for each job condition. We offer products that are designed to be weather resistant in exterior applications when installed and adjusted properly, however, because of certain conditions and applications over which we have no control, including but not limited to frame assembly and field adjustment, we do not warrant that our products are impervious to water or water intrusion and air infiltration. We recommend that a professional waterproofing consultant be used to properly integrate our product into the weather barrier of the wall structure.
Wood items are supplied unfinished. Product should be protected from moisture and excessive dryness and wood items must be finished within seven (7) days after jobsite delivery. Wood surfaces should be totally free of dust, dirt, grease, or any surface contamination. Ensure that all surfaces, interior and exterior, top and bottom, are thoroughly painted, varnished or sealed by acceptable industry finishing standards. Only use high quality sealants and finish materials for longer lasting performance against the elements, particularly from sun exposure. Do not paint or stain weather-strip, hardware, aluminum surfaces or glass and prevent finish materials from leaking behind the glazing bead. The solvents used in wood finishing may be incompatible with insulated glass unit sealants. Remove all weather-strip and do not lose pieces. Handle, escutcheon plates and drop bolts should be removed and paint or sealant applied behind. Stucco or concrete left on frame, doors and glass will damage these surfaces.
OPERATION OF LaCANTINA FOLDING AND SLIDING SYSTEMS
LaCantina Doors’ folding and sliding systems are specialty products which are required to be used in a particular manner. Children under the age of sixteen (16) should not use systems without an adult being present. LaCantina Door systems should be operated as recommended by us. Failure to do so can cause injury. Improper function of our door systems can lead to injury by way of fingers being caught and pinched between folding and sliding panels. .
CERTIFICATIONS AND TESTING
Certifications, ratings and performance typically apply to individual products and will vary and change over time depending on the conditions of use.
RECOMMENDED MAINTENANCE PROCEDURES
Normal and regular maintenance is required to maintain the appearance and extend the finish life and maintain proper operation. The following maintenance procedures are recommended.
Tracks and Bearings - Remove surface contaminants by wiping visible track surfaces with a damp soft cloth and a mild detergent, then wipe dry with a clean cloth. Using a suitable applicator spread a small amount of clear petroleum jelly or similar lubricant. Ensure that the carrier wheels pass through the lubricant so that it is distributed evenly along the track. Place additional lubricant around the bearings. In severe environments, apply a thin film of WD40. Always keep bottom guide channel free from debris.
Hangers, Pivots, Brackets, Handle Back Plates and Hinges - Exposed surfaces should be wiped down with warm soapy water and a soft rag, and then rinsed clean before applying new surface protectants. A light spray application of WD40, followed by a light wipe with a dry cloth to remove excess is recommended for all hangers, pivots, brackets and hinges. Be careful not to get these compounds on wood items as they may cause staining. For oil rubbed bronze finish, care should be taken when cleaning or re-applying surface protectants..
Surface Mounted Locking Mechanisms - Spraying WD40 to the sliding pin inside the drop bolt and to the lock cylinder (if applicable) is recommended. There are access holes or slots on all drop bolts so that this can be completed without removing the locks from the doors.
Aluminum Coatings - Exposed surfaces should be cleaned with mild detergent soap and water. Any chips or scratches must be repaired immediately and not left exposed to the elements.
Wood Components - All wood component parts and finishes must be inspected annually for damage resulting from exposure to the elements and repaired immediately.
Vinyl Surfaces - Exposed surfaces should be cleaned with mild detergent soap and water, no harsh chemicals or acids.
Screens - Dust and debris can collect in the guide channels over time. Removal of such build up is easy and important to the screen's smooth movement. While the screen is retracted, remove any debris with a soft cloth or a vacuum cleaner with a soft brush nozzle. Dusty or coastal environments will require regular cleaning. The screen mesh should be lightly dusted to maintain an unobstructed view and air flow. While the screen is extended, remove any build up with a vacuum cleaner with a soft brush nozzle, care should be taken not to tear or rip the mesh.
Frequency - The procedures above need to be carried out as often as necessary to prevent deterioration in the installed environment. However, we recommend the following minimum maintenance frequency: General environments: every six (6) months. Marine, industrial or corrosive environments: every three (3) months.